COSAFA has declared that Zambia is on course to host the 2013 COSAFA
Senior Challenge Cup in July.
A delegation from COSAFA led by Chief Operations Officer Sue Destombes
was in Zambia last week on an inspection visit of facilities ahead of
the 2013 COSAFA Cup from July 6-21.
In a statement, Destombes said Zambia’s preparations for the revived
regional showpiece were on track.
“Ndola and Lusaka were first-class, with the Railway Stadium in Kabwe just needing some minor refurbishment to bring it up to international standard,” Destombes said.
“Ndola is an excellent facility, while Lusaka was recently upgraded for the Zone VI Games held in Zambia and so those two venues are ready. Overall the state of preparedness for the COSAFA Cup is very good. Our visit went predictably well,” he added.
And FAZ General Secretary Officer George Kasengele said Zambia was ready to host a successful event.
“Our commitment to organizing and hosting a successful tournament is unquestionable. This regional championship will demonstrate our commitment and ability to organise even bigger championships and our campaign for the 2019 Africa Cup will be further boosted by what will
be a successful COSAFA championship in July.
Destombes, nice name hey!
It will be all Humuliating Shambles. Nothing good under PF GVT
i wanted to comment but for juzz…..
Respect the Governement of the day. Ubuteko buteko. Why are so bitter you Tonga chaps?
jazz muleikalafye if you dont hav any brains
let calculate, 2016+5=2021. Those haters are still suffering untill then. mean while we shall host a succesful cosafa tournament, africa cup 2019,dual-courage roads, underground train, modern stadia, to mension but a few, watch out for introduction of economical zones bamambala imwe
Big King,
You are right my friend.
The science of understanding what people need is the begining of wisdom to be a leader.
Others are expert on what they need and want.
It sounds like FAZ is PF, since Sata and his thugs unfortunately took over from hopeless MMD, they started to succede. They even won Africa Cup, fired MMD Bonneti and FAZ have to pay tax-free $400,000. Levy stadium was openned under Pathetic Fool’s government. Now they will even host COSAFA, I hope Kalusha won’t play this time, he missed a penalty in final against Angola. That guy can be selfish at times.
I hope FAZ will come up with a better PFsh team, of thugs or some background like the match-fixers from Finland lead by Saileti, he can even be a good national team.. We need contravetial players like Kilambe, Milanzi, Kombe, Adubelo Phiri.. not this team of softies who never get any red cards? A red card to Mweene was “professional”. We have to see a powerful COSAFA team.
VIVA PF VIVA BA SATA FOREVER MU BWATO
Invetigate NDEKUTOMBA he must have been bribed.
Tuleumfwakofye
This is an encouraging development if the assessors were objective and honest. The converse is for them to tell us what we want to hear, and give us an opportunity to embarrass ourselves so badly that we can’t even bid for AFCON 2019. All the same, it’s good to know that our playing fields are adequate for the business. But I am more worried about the logistics to do with Opening & Closing Ceremonies (if COSAFA has any), Traffic and crowd control, Accommodation facilities, Transportation of fans and players and security of fans and their cars, orderliness in ticketing and time management…
A good opportunity for small businesses to make some money. Mufakeko nzelu wane.